Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new Photos software and iWeb not working

Just downloaded the new Photos software. Now photos do not appear on the iWeb photos tab to drag into web page. Is there a way to remedy that?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iWeb version 3.0.4 (601)

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 1:06 PM

It is unlikely, that there will be an update for iWeb, so import your photos from iPhoto to iWeb.

I am seeing the same: iWeb is only showing Aperture, Photo Booth, and iPhoto in the Media Browser.:

User uploaded file

17 replies

Apr 17, 2015 3:39 PM in response to CottieC

I saw this on another thread. It worked for me:

WyodorApr 16, 2015 12:19 AM Re: Photos Not Showing Up In Media Browser Using OS X Yosemite
Re: Photos Not Showing Up In Media Browser Using OS X Yosemitein response to snybe

It's not a bug. It's not an iWeb issue.

It's progress.

Everytime something new arrives, the old is left behind.

But there is a solution.

iPhoto and the old library are still on your computer.

Open iPhoto and select the old library.

After that the images are available again.

Apr 25, 2015 9:50 AM in response to wannabesillyme

User uploaded file

Hello all,

Ya..this stinks.. Ok, progress, but wtheck.

1) com.apple.iApps seems to be the issue, in that 'Photos' didn't update it. I don't know how to tweak this file; perhaps others do, but if this could be made to point to 'photos', perhaps this is a solution?

Additionally,

2) Others have written

"But there is a solution.

iPhoto and the old library are still on your computer.

Open iPhoto and select the old library"

I do not see it. My iPhoto icon is 1.7gb, and no library appears to exist. A 'Photos Library' exists, and is the appx size of my old iPhoto library, it is NO LONGER 'migrated'.

On both accounts above... awaiting replies of much smarter people 🙂

Apr 25, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Bob221b1

It's not gone - just a version too old to run on 10.10.3. However, read the following:

Terence Devlin including Apple logo changes for feature 126 Apple image including Apple logo changes for feature 126 Apple image ends here

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

[DocumentBodyStart:d25bf602-029a-4466-b895-2ab6c98bb4c9]

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

The above should allow you to get iPhoto 9.6.1 which will run under 10.10.3.

Apr 25, 2015 12:53 PM in response to CottieC

I see iPhoto when in iWeb. However, I have migrated to Photos and have been putting new photos into Photos. So iPhoto is not up-to-date with my latest photos. I want to be able to add my new photos into iWeb. But it sounds like that isn't possible when using Photos.

Everyday, there seems to be another problem with Photos. I am getting closer to ditching Photos for a NON-Apple product, which also means ditching iWeb for a NON-Apple product.

What was Apple thinking??

Apr 25, 2015 3:20 PM in response to dwcoop

I am getting closer to ditching Photos for a NON-Apple product, which also means ditching iWeb for a NON-Apple product.

As for as iWeb that's a very good idea. iWeb hasn't been updated for about 6 years and is only marginally compatible with Yosemite and current HTML. It would be wise move.

As for Photos, it's strictly a consumer app that's being moved towards the Photos app on mobile devices. It's not for serious photographers. If you use a strong 3rd party image editor consider Media Pro 1 as your DAM (digital asset management) application to be used with MP1. Other pro apps are discussed at the The DAM Forum.

Jul 2, 2015 8:51 PM in response to CottieC

Unfortunately they should fire the project manager for the iWeb and OS X app updates as they tend to remove lots of features. Photos is basically the old Finder now. If you have your photos already organized in a folder, finder is it better and faster than photos. (if you don't plan to edit in photos and tend to use 3rd party photo editors).

Also since photos can be open while iWeb is open you need only use keyboard commands or menu system to copy the image form photos to clipboard then paste it to iWeb. Yes you loose the drag and drop ability.

The biggest shame is that OS X Terminal App has the best window tweaks built into it in its Preference and Profiles section. Which can be includef in any OS X app. This give the biggest ability to make your apps transparent.

I would rather have this feature in EL Capt. rather 2 windows side by side. (Are the serious?)

iWeb is still the Best WYSIWYG web editor which support PHP, HTML, HTML 5, Java photo albums and more.

iWEB was support video backgrounds long before they became as popular.

Also since now most browsers and mobile browser handle frames better, nesting frames is not as big as an issue if you know how to set your targets correctly.

The biggest issue is that IE still is so ancient, the reflection features doesn't work. So becareful when using advance image effects in iWEB.

However you can emulate most any website include flash style sites with iWeb.

Jul 3, 2015 6:33 AM in response to léonie

I don't use iPhoto anymore. I've gone through the pains to adjust to Photos (hoping that El Capitan will add back lost functionality). Because I have so many new photos in Photos (and not in iPhoto) I need the media panel in iWeb to include photos from Photos (not iPhoto). Is there anyway to do that, or do I have to drag a photo (from Photos) to the desktop, and then drag it to iWeb?

P.S. I like iWeb. It is very easy to use. It suits my purpose perfectly (with this one exception). I don't really want to change to another web program and start from scratch. I've put way too much time developing my website using iWeb. Recreating my site with some other web program would be so time-consuming I couldn't do it -- even if I figured out the new more complicated software.

Jul 3, 2015 6:44 AM in response to dwcoop

Since Apple ceased development of iWeb 4 years ago in 2011 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWeb ) do not expect any updates - as long as it works you can use it but it is very unlikely that any updaes will ever be made

So you will need to use work arounds like exporting (better than dragging since you control the parameters of the export including compression and image size and metadata) photos from Photos to a desktop folder and using from there

LN

The new Photos software and iWeb not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.