Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 crashes continually on iPad 3

Since updating my iPad 3 to iOS 8.3 around 13:00 hours EDT today, the iPad has crashed about every five minutes. It is taking longer for it to reboot than it is operational. 1) Is anyone else having this problem? 2) Has anyone found a fix? 3) Should I need to revert (if possible), how does one do that?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, Technically, it is an iPad 3.

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 2:57 PM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2015 4:01 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Here's what I did to get my iPad 3 running (until Apple comes up with a fix)

My iPad was cycle crashing after trying to use iTunes to download an app. This is a little tricky but you can do it to get your home screen back.

Let the crash reload and watch the status bar (the white line that tells you it's reloading)

Push the Home button again and again as the status bar gets closer to recycling - and your home screen will flash on

Quickly 4 finger swipe your screen up and start deleting your open apps.

Once all of them have been closed your home screen will stay on.

Essentially, this means that one of the apps is crashing the iPad, but it's hard to tell which one. Mine started after getting into iTunes.

Hope this works until a fix comes along. In the meantime keep an eye on what apps are open.

Apr 27, 2015 3:44 PM in response to DeLaHelias

i have this same issue... same device... it seems this issue has been happening since ios 8 started. i have read other forums and go back as far as 2013. unfortunately i only got this issue on last update 😟

i have no apps open and it still does it. it does for many different reason. some times it reboot in middle of reboot.

also reading, the apple genius will look at your device then tell you it a hard ware issue and try get money from you.

dont bother doing a full factory reset or any other recommendation as they say with same effect as wiping all your data and apps... this is just waste of time and everything on your ipad as it hasnt helped any one. people have tried it many times over and over again with no success.

only thing i would try is roll back on previous version...

good luck and i wouldnt mind some myself as this is freakin annoying!

iOS 8.3 crashes continually on iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.