Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*YOUR APPLE COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED* what does this mean?

MY macbook air show this pop up every time that i open safari or chrome!

http:\\devicetvr.com

YOUR APPLE COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED

Mac system alert!

and a telephone number 1 696 0555

when i called to them they asked me for 480$

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 5:16 PM

7 replies

Apr 13, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Faseleh

Faseleh wrote:

Could you please tell me what should i do?

Your Mac has been compromised, erase it and restore data only from a backup that is earlier than when you gave the criminals access to your Mac. You should also change all passwords/logins for all credit cards, online accounts and government info (social security number etc)

You should do this now.

Sep 11, 2016 1:34 AM in response to Faseleh

So I literally just dealt with this crap.

There was a block on Safari claiming that I had to ring this particular number so they could fix it. Safari wouldn't close on its own and had to force quit.

Stupidly I called.. They wanted me to download this file so they could have access to my computer.
They bantered , I ummed and arred for a long time. The man started getting angry and short, guilt tripping me and making me feel bad for the poor choices of websites I had been on ... hahaha
I knew from then it was a scam and called them out on it then his emotional blackmail escalated !

-The difference is Apple has a red arrow and can physically not click into things , they show you where to go with their cursor and you do all the work.

So if you've let them into your computer , turn off wifi , restart in safe mode
Delete the download and get a new malware app.
The Apple assistant recommended malwarebyte. It cleared most of the ****.
I still had to do some searching through the library and delete a few things, all is swell though.

I definitely recommend calling Apple immediately.

*YOUR APPLE COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED* what does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.