Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I buy the imac with expandable memory slot for future os upgrade size?

Should I buy the imac with expandable 8gb memory slot for future os upgrade size?

iMac

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 12:51 AM

7 replies

Apr 11, 2015 4:44 AM in response to clarity72

Ya kinda need a crystal ball to answer that but in looking back at my situation I'd say yes, either buy an expandable machine or load it up with extra RAM direct from Apple when you purchase it. My mid-2010 21.5 inch i-Mac with 4 GB of RAM recently started slowing down after multiple OS updates since 2010. I was seeing a lot of spinning beachballs. I just added 8 GB of RAM and haven't seen the beach ball since. I am very happy I added the extra RAM.

Apr 11, 2015 6:00 AM in response to clarity72

I Always try to have a little more RAM on my computers that I think I'll need when I purchase them. Either have more ram installed when you order the iMac or purchase one with open slots for upgrading.

I Purchase my iMac 5K with only 8 GB RAM but it had two open slots. As soon as I received the iMac I purchased two 8 GB modules form Other World Computeing. That brought my RAM to 24 GB. I run multiple applications and the iMac runs smoothly.

Should I buy the imac with expandable memory slot for future os upgrade size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.