Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Health data through Health app, iOS 8.3

The Health app is unable to access or display my health data. Normally the health app is shown as a source, but it is not now (below). Even if I manually add a data point (e.g. 10 steps walked) it does not display it. It is, however still receiving and storing the data, as my other apps can see how many steps I have walked. It does not matter which category the data is in. I have re-installed the system multiple times.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 1:09 AM

9 replies

May 5, 2015 4:23 PM in response to 11th Doctor

It's a pain but I managed to fix this today:

1 - Open iTunes and backup your iPhone

-- The key is to make sure "encrypted backup" is turned OFF. Apparently Health data is not saved in unencrypted backups.

2 - Restore your phone

3 - Restore the backup from iTunes

Result - You now can store NEW Health data. Previous Health data is gone, but at least going forward it will work. Note this will not work from an iCloud backup because those are encrypted.

Jan 12, 2016 11:27 AM in response to 11th Doctor

I'm having this same issue. It worked until I upgraded my phone to the 6s a few months ago. (like the original post, my other apps will work and track but not this one) Apple Genius's have said it sounds like my icloud backup is corrupt but I fail to see what that has to do with the health tracker as nothing else seems to be a problem so far. They gave me a new phone but I'm still having the same issue. Its bizarre.

No Health data through Health app, iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.