Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch not recognised by Windows 8 or iTunes whilst in Recovery mode.

Hello!

I recently updated my iTunes account and during the update on syncing my iPod touch (5th gen) my iPod put itself in to recovery mode and now both iTunes and my computer (in Windows 8) wont recognise my iPod.

I've followed the steps here> https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204095

But I've had no success, the main stop I get to is when in Device Manager (where there are two entries under 'Other devices' both entries have a '!' in front of them and are listed as ' Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)') in Windows when I get to "Install disk" and input-ing the file Apple support suggests, an error message comes up saying that the folder I've selected doesn't contain a compatible software driver for my device.

On plugging in my iPod my computer makes the normal 3 pings and begins to charge with my ipod lighting up and saying to connect to iTunes, but Windows does not recognise it. I've tried my other USB ports, my other USB cable (all genuine Apple Parts) and I have tried another computer (also Windows) that did not recognise my iPod.

I have confirmed that Apple Mobile device is supported in the programs and have restarted it as well.

I've also removed and reinstalled iTunes and removed other 3rd party software (like the software for my mobile) as the article suggested. The only thing I haven't done is fully removed all my Apple Software entirely and then reloading it but I thought before I make this big leap I'd check if there were any other ideas from everyone.

Any ideas? I'm a bit stumped with this as it seemingly happened for no other reason then iTunes updating.

Thanks

iPod touch, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Apr 11, 2015 3:42 AM in response to Boreas90

Yes I've got the original USB that the iPod came with and I've tried all 3 of my USB ports and my other USB devices are working with no issue.

I've been through my antiVirus too and the internet firewall, disabling and then retrying, but with no changes.

I think I'm just delaying the inevitable of taking the time to uninstall everything and start again.

Thanks for the help!

iPod Touch not recognised by Windows 8 or iTunes whilst in Recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.