Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Yosemite protression bar stuck at 50%

Hey everyone, I have some issues with osx yosemite. Safari was no longer loading the sites so I decided to restart my macbook pro 13 mid 2011. I managed to log in on the first screen but now the progression bar stucks at about 50%. I tried to reboot, went to disk utilities etc... But it still stucks at 50%.

And when I tried to start my mac from the disk utility, it says that my password is not correct (i did not change it)

I hope someone has a solution for this

thx

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 2:51 AM

5 replies

Apr 12, 2015 3:59 AM in response to Basile Dell

I have same issue and it was present before 10.10.3 update. All repairing disk options didn't resolve my problem. I needed to do several clean installations. I thought it is a failing HDD, but TechTool Pro and DiskWarrior didn't find any problems. Right now, I am on Mavericks again and checking if it will fail again.

Do you have MS Office installed? I think I get problems after "MS office 2011 for mac" installation (I do not have boot camped Windows).

Did you resolve your problem? I still think that I have failing HDD, but I will let see how will go with Mav. Ill keep posting here if finding resollution.

OSX Yosemite protression bar stuck at 50%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.