Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.3 has broken bluetooth peripherals again

When first upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.1 I had trackpad and intermittent keyboard issues on my iMac. It was fixed with 10.10.2, but appears to be broken again in 10.10.3. I am going to stop upgrading on day 1 of these updates--always 1 step forward, 2 steps back at apple lately.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 4:41 AM

37 replies

Apr 12, 2015 6:05 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes, they're paired and they work fine intermittently. They work for a while but the cursor lag which was a problem with 10.1 has reappeared and the bluetooth keyboard will get really laggy when typing. Keys will slowly go through, and when you lose your mind and bang out a bunch of gibberish it will suddenly go through. It does usually appear after sleep and restart fixes it temporarily.

Apr 12, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Paul2perth

I have a 5K iMac and had no problems with BT until using the 10.10.3 betas. My trackpad becomes increasingly jerky and the connection drops the longer I use it. I used the same trackpad with my previous desktop without an issue.

I have found that going to the Accessibility pane in System Preferences and opening the trackpad options appears to fix the issues temporarily, which suggests a software issue rather than flat batteries, hardware and all of the other possible causes out there on the internet.

I did feed this problem back to Apple during the beta programme. It appears less important or that it was too late to fix before release. Shame as with use it becomes a massive PITA. Roll on 10.10.4.

Apr 12, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Stephen Jones2

I forgot to mention that when I do edit the trackpad setting in Accessibility preferences the console throws this a number of times, referencing a large number of different but related errors:

com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice[569]: CGContextSetFillColorWithColor: invalid context 0x0. This is a serious error. This application, or a library it uses, is using an invalid context and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

Maybe this is part of the problem?

Apr 13, 2015 10:10 AM in response to tdawgmd

Same problem here. After upgrading to 10.10.3 i noticed stuttering wireless mouse and my wireless keyboard keeps disconnecting at random. I thought i was going crazy, so i started looking for processes taking too much resources, following errors in the console, etc. Then I noticed that my sennheiser momentum wireless headphones now stutter like crazy. They were flawless untill after the upgrade, but I figured that there must me a problem with them. At first i was prepared to send the headphones back, but then i started doing a bit of testing.

Same video file on

a) mac mini 10.10.3: audio stutters and totally fails

b) macbook pro 10.10.3: audio stutters and totally fails

c) macbook air 10.10.2 audio flawless

Given how long apple takes to fix their messes, looks like i will be downgrading all of my gear to 10.10.2

Apr 14, 2015 12:53 AM in response to tdawgmd

Yeah it seems that Mr. Root Is an Apple shill. I downgraded to 10.10.2 via time machine and Lo and behold! Everything works perfectly again...just as it did before the upgrade. 500 dollar Bluetooth headphones which went from magnificent in 10.10.2 to a piece of garbage in 10.10.3....now I roll back and they are wonderful again.

If you profess to be insanely great, then step one is to admit when you make a mistake and then demonstrate how you are working on fixing it.

Apr 17, 2015 1:55 PM in response to tdawgmd

Macbook Pro 13 retina here and exactly the same issues and symptoms....

10.10.2 - bluetooth stuff worked like a dream..... 10.10.3 broken - stuttering mouse (unusable) keyboard continuously connected/disconnected and Bose mini soundlink squealing when outputting sound (when it manages to connect)...

I've SMC and PRAM reset, checked all the hardware etc.

On restart, everything works for about 20 seconds then the mouse problem appears......

Rolling back to 10.10.2 seems the only fix right now.

One thing that has not been fixed since Yosemite installation is the forced reload of Safari in order to kick start it into life.

All very very frustrating.

2 iMacs at work place are running Lion.... not upgrading to Yosemite in case the bluetooth peripherals break

I'm a long time apple customer, now very very frustrated

Apr 19, 2015 1:56 AM in response to cte0110

I agree. The supplemental update makes no difference to the issue. As I had been using betas I also tried the combo update, which seemed to be better for a while but the same problems are back as before. The Console messages about:

19/04/2015 09:52:30.531 com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice[5857]: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. This is a serious error. This application, or a library it uses, is using an invalid context and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

is still present.

A string of these are seen whenever I enter the trackpad settings in Accessibility Preferences but it does cure the issue (for a short while)

I hear 10.10.4 is for "Stability Improvements". Hope this is one of them.

10.10.3 has broken bluetooth peripherals again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.