Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't access iTunes

yesterday, some error occured when i tried to update the latest version of iTunes

i don't remember the version number and it would not tell me what that error was

now when i try to access itunes, i get the error message below

THE ITEM REFERRED TO BY THIS SHORTCUT CAN NOT BE ACCESSED

YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE PERMISSIONS

help!!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 4:55 AM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2015 9:16 AM in response to turingtest2

i tried to uninstall itunes per the instructions below

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order. Then restart your computer.

1. iTunes

2. Apple Software Update

3. Apple Mobile Device Support

4. Bonjour

5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected.

If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

however, i received error code 2324 while trying to uninstall itunes

so now i can't even uninstall it...to reinstall it?

what do i do now???

Apr 25, 2015 9:21 AM in response to homebody1966

Uninstall the components that will uninstall, then delete the specified folders manually and reboot before attempting to reinstall. Details in second box of the troubleshooting tip and the notes that accompany it...

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 30, 2015 3:00 PM in response to turingtest2

hello

i was able to uninstall the other components, but i still can't uninstall or repair itunes

when i tried to repair it, i got an error message saying i have insufficient privaleges

i noticed under the advanced security settings in the c:/program files/itunes folder that it has "unable to display current owner"

and it would not let me change the owner

is this why i can't uninstall or repair itunes?

can't access iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.