Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have ipod touch 4, i cant seem to find games that will download...or if they do i touch them to open them and it opens and closes

i have ipod touch 4, i cant seem to find games that will download...or if they do i touch them to open them and it opens and closes

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 7:47 AM

Apps crashing

See:

iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Contact the developer/go to their support site if only one app.

Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

Restore to factory settings/new iPod

3 replies

Apr 11, 2015 9:40 AM in response to green_tree_frog

The poster is saying the apps do not fully open, that they start to open and then close. The different problem of finding apps still compatible with iOS 6 can be helped by:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.