Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.3 boot issue

Hi everyone, I notice a boot issue when after I updated Mac os 10.10.3. When I restart my laptop, I hear the startup chimes, then seconds later the apple logo comes on, there's this brief delay. That's not normal. Chime sound suppose to come up during the apple boot.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 8:33 AM

6 replies

Apr 12, 2015 8:11 PM in response to brian4

I have this issue too, so frustrating. Before Yosemite my mac would boot perfectly within a couple seconds, after updating to Yosemite the boot time got extended but i didn't complain too much. But the recent update to 10.10.3 is really disappointing, pressing the power on button and the first thing i hear is the chime within the first few seconds but my mac screen will be black with nothing for a good 10-15 seconds before the password screen shows. At first when i got that i actually thought my mac broke and freaked out but i decided to just let it run the black screen and was so relieved it actually works but there is just a delay of the black screen. Seriously apple's softwares getting on my nerves recently, they churn out devices yearly but seems like they don't care about software like they used to, really disappointing.

10.10.3 boot issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.