Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recipes to reproduce sounds ?

I have a very generic question, hoping to get feedback from someone who uses MainStage, but also has used a lot of other gear and also might know of good web sites ?

My buddies and I play covers. Now, I try to select the sounds that resemble the most the original recording, but obviously, it's never quite right.

Is there a web site somewhere that has recipes to use in MainStage to set the different sound engines to get specific sounds from well-known (and not so well-known) songs ?

Is there some other gear on the market that's used by cover bands for which there is such a "recipe" database ?

Or maybe some sound genius has a web site and people ask him for pointers on how to reproduce such and such sound ?

If you're curious, I'm trying to reproduce the sounds from side 1 of Marillion's Misplaced Childhood, as well as Genesis' live performance of Firth of Fifth on the Seconds Out album.

Thanks for any input.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:37 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2015 4:23 PM in response to bercy4646

Hey there,

I am not sure I am allowed to post links to groups outside of Apple- so this could be be removed understandably.

I run a series of Facebook groups focused on worship musicians- but we do use MainStage heavily. Maybe check out my website at www.worshipmusicians.org and join up with one of the WM or OWS groups. We are church musicians- but are creating sounds (and MS only based sounds) for so many songs that likely you may find what you are looking for- or can ask and get help in figuring out how to design the right sound. It's what we do.

Jason

Recipes to reproduce sounds ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.