Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't restore my 7th gen

I bought a used 7th gen nano that was formatted to a mac and I have a pc. I am trying to restore it but iTunes times out on the software download. I've also tried downloading the ipsw file and that times out as well. I downloaded Macdrive so that I can add music to it and use it for now but I would like to restore it and have it formatted for windows. How can download the ipsw file needed. thanks

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 10:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2015 7:22 PM in response to Marcules33

Where are you finding this .ipsw file and which version is it?

If you have not tried formatting it and you have the latest iTunes on your computer you should be able to just connect it to your computer and Restore it in iTunes. If it is timing out on the download temporarily disable ALL of your antivirus/antispyware software and try it again.

Apr 11, 2015 7:55 PM in response to deggie

I am trying to download the iPod nano firmware 1.0.3 (37A30172) ipsw file from appldnld.apple.com and it is not working. I have disabled my antivirus, shut off firewalls and itunes still times out. It says downloading software (4 hours remaining) stays like that for 5-10 minutes then comes up saying iTunes network error and times out. I have uninstalled iTunes and re-installed it and still not working.

I can't restore my 7th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.