Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign in to Approve stuck in loop- any fixes? This worked fine this morning

Sign in to Approve stuck in loop- any fixes? This worked fine this morning, but now when asked to approve I am repeatedly prompted for my iCloud password. Other iCloud services are working fine.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:16 AM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2016 4:27 PM in response to Husker13

same problem here, do we have a fix? This is BS! It's worked fine in the past. I've already spent two hours resetting passwords, creating new app passwords. I tested that password and it works fine in all the other iCloud apps on my Mac and the website. But not on this app purchase request prompt. Very annoying that I can't approve any apps for my kids!

Sep 6, 2016 8:02 PM in response to DoesJohnGaultiPod

The solution is hidden at Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support:

If you decline the request or don't make the purchase, it will be deleted after 24 hours, and the child will need to make the request again.

So what's going on here is that you're trying to approve an expired request, and it's failing, over and over, without notice or explanation.

Sign in to Approve stuck in loop- any fixes? This worked fine this morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.