Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite won't download???

currently running Lion 10.7.5. My MacBook Pro is Mid 2009. Not sure why Yosemite won't download. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 10:38 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2015 10:51 AM in response to help4mefromu

Hi, help4mefromu.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I see you are experiencing an issue downloading Yosemite. I would need more information about what behavior you are experiencing when attempting to update to provide a better answer. However, here is an article that may help with this issue.

Troubleshooting the Mac App Store

-Jason H.

Apr 14, 2015 2:12 PM in response to jason269

Thanks for your interest in helping… I'm not sure what other information you'd need… When I click the download button in the app store, it begins the download - but then it will get "stuck" at some point in the download process (and never finish) ~ even when I've left it overnite.

Now, when I go to the app store, and click on "updates", it shows Yosemite download has been paused (at 3.87 GB of 5.64 GB). But, when I click on "resume", it just appears that the download stalls out (as there is no progress, and the time remaining keeps going up).

Is this the kind of info you were needing?

Josh

Yosemite won't download???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.