Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload folders to new Photo Library?

i have 13,000 pictures in 600 folders on my PC and I want to convert them all to the new photo library in iCloud. The Icloud browser app won't allow me to select folders to upload. I have to open each folder and upload individual photos. Then I will have to create albums and put all the photso in the albums? This will take forever.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 10:43 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Keithj999

Hey Keithj999,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to upload photos from the computer to iCloud. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get started with Photos for OS X - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Photo Library to access your photos on other Apple devices

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Apr 14, 2015 2:45 PM in response to mario49

I'm having the same problem as Keithj999.

Your solution is not viable, as it only pertains to Mac computers, and this is the PC thread.

The problem: We have a PC computer. We have a lot of photos on the computer which need to be uploaded into the iCloud library. The only way this seems to be able to be done is via the iCloud website. When going through the iCloud website to upload into the iCloud Library (NOT photostream, as my understanding is everything there deletes after 30 days..) from a PC computer, you can only select one photo at a time to be uploaded. Having thousands of photos, this clearly is not a good solution to the problem..

The desired outcome to the problem: To get thousands of photos from a PC computer into the iCloud Library in an efficient manner.

The solution for the desired outcome: ???

I've been looking for a few hours now on how this might be achievable, and I have yet to find a solution.

How do I upload folders to new Photo Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.