Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my mouse stop working?

I'm having issues with my Magic Mouse. It will suddenly stop working. It won't display that the connection was lost until I turn the mouse off and turn it back on. The arrow is also moving very sluggish across the screen. I just replaced the batteries and it is still doing this.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:52 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2015 12:50 PM in response to trekkie1490

I have same issue! Keyboard and Mouse is dropping connection and Mouse seems very sluggish/lagging at times.

I also tried to change batteries (in both Keyboard & Mouse), restart/turn off iMac(21.5-inch, Late 2013)/Airport Extreme/Apple Keyboard & Mouse, but the problem keeps coming back.

It began after updating to 10.10.3 😟

Apr 18, 2015 12:21 PM in response to trekkie1490

Yea you were unfortunatly correct.

Soon after the reset I got all the same issues.Often my mouse and keyboard disconnects, Safari lags when scrolling, mouse lags and keyboard and mouse sometimes become unresponsive.

Hate to say it, but what happened to Apple since they cannot even get the mouse and keyboard to work properly?! 😕

Anybody know if a OS X reinstallation might help?

Why does my mouse stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.