Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection problems with Magic Mouse and handoff

I did a clean install of 10.10.3 and since then the Magic Mouse has had problems connecting. First it wouldn't pair. After a few reboots and repeated attempts I was able to pair the mouse with the rMBP. After waking from sleep it now no longer connects. I select the mouse in the Bluetooth menu and connect. Connection appears on the screen, but the mouse doesn't respond. After a few moments I get Connection Lost on the screen.

In addition to the mouse problems I have completely lost any hand off capability to or from the iPhone to the rMBP or back. It's like the Bluetooth connection between the devices is not working or is too weak to function.

It would be very much appreciated if any one has any suggestions on the cause or to a solution.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Mid 2012 2.6G i7

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 10:41 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hey Tom,

NVRAM and PRAM are, while technically different, effectively the same. Newer systems utilize NVRAM to store the same information that was stored in PRAM on older Macs.

On older Mac computers, similar information was stored in Parameter RAM (PRAM). Resetting NVRAM on Intel-based Macs using the same key combination is like resetting PRAM.

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Cheers,

Allen

Connection problems with Magic Mouse and handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.