Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Now on Apple TV wants me to "restore purchase"?

I signed up for my 30-day free demo of HBO Now in iTunes. I then try to open the app on my Apple TV, and it says at the bottom of the screen, "Purchased HBO now through iTunes? Restore purchase."

When I choose that, it says "Looks like you've had an HBO now subscription plan with us in the past. Would you like to renew your HBO Now subscription?"

I've never had such a subscription, so I choose "no". This brings me back a screen to "Purchased through iTunes?"

I'm confused. How do I "restore purchase"?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:51 PM

Hi!

When you started your trial, you should have made an HBO Now account through the HBO Now iOS app, where it asked for your email, a password and ZIP code. On the apple tv HBO Now app, select 'Sign in' instead of 'restore purchase'. The 'restore purchase' option is only for people who have unsubscribed through iTunes and wish to resubscribe, I think. When you select 'sign in', use your new HBO Now login you created when making your HBO trial, and you should be good to go. Note that this isn't necessarily your iTunes login info - your HBO Now account is separate, you only use iTunes to authorize the monthly subscription.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Chris Jensen1

Hi!

When you started your trial, you should have made an HBO Now account through the HBO Now iOS app, where it asked for your email, a password and ZIP code. On the apple tv HBO Now app, select 'Sign in' instead of 'restore purchase'. The 'restore purchase' option is only for people who have unsubscribed through iTunes and wish to resubscribe, I think. When you select 'sign in', use your new HBO Now login you created when making your HBO trial, and you should be good to go. Note that this isn't necessarily your iTunes login info - your HBO Now account is separate, you only use iTunes to authorize the monthly subscription.

HBO Now on Apple TV wants me to "restore purchase"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.