Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best way for my wife and I to dump our photos into 1 iCloud library?

We have a large library of photos. We both take a bunch of pictures from our own separate iPhone and want to be able for all those photos to go into one place. We purchased the $0.99 iCloud backup for her and the same for me. (We both have separate Apple IDs).

Can't I just purchase the 200 GB storage, throw our photo library in it, share it with her, and have both of our new and future pics dumped into it? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks for any help I can get!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iphone 5s and iphone 6

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 12:48 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2015 1:27 PM in response to jhetrick08

Can't I just purchase the 200 GB storage, throw our photo library in it, share it with her, and have both of our new and future pics dumped into it? If so, how do I do that?

The iCloud Photo Library cannot be shared between users, unless you are using the same AppleID.

You can share selected photos with shared albums: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

Or create a Photos library on an external drive, that you both can access, as described here for iPhoto: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users

What is the best way for my wife and I to dump our photos into 1 iCloud library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.