Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would apple ever consider putting Logic Pro 9 up for sale again?

Of course Logic Pro X knocked Logic Pro 9 off the app store a few years ago. I really want to use Logic Pro 9 for music projects, but cannot buy it anywhere (I haven't purchased it before). I've seen a considerable amount of hate towards Logic Pro X and personally do not prefer it. Would apple ever consider re-releasing Logic Pro 9 if the demand for it was great enough?

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 1:14 PM

5 replies

Apr 11, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Ossyria

Go to this site:

Apple Product Feedback

"Apple strives to bring the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. Apple welcomes your feedback on its products. Begin by selecting a product below."

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

So select a product

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Select appropriate feedback and give them your best recommendations.

User uploaded file

Apr 11, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Would apple ever consider re-releasing Logic Pro 9 if the demand for it was great enough?

I would doubt it.....

It's an old product (it's been almost 30 months since the last update and over 5 years since it was originally released) and so is considered EOL these days.

It doesn't utilize the modern OS X routines.. which is why some people have issues running it under Yosemite....depending in their hardware.

The Logic Dev team are focusing purely on LPX.....

So no....

You can still purchase LP9 however, via places like eBay as part of the Logic Studio 2.0 FULL DVD version...

Note: Dont buy any Logic Pro 9 download or single app LP9 only versions (as they are all illegal/fakes/pirated copies) or the Logic Studio 2.0 UPGRADE packages.... (As they need you to have also purchased Logic Studio 1.0 too in order to be able to install 2.0)

However, as newer OS X versions are released it probably wont be long until LP9 fails to work on any of them....

Apr 11, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Ossyria

LP9 was completely different from LPX,

Actually it's not really that different..... Graphically there have been a few changes.. but once you turn on all the Advanced Tools in LPX so it no longer works in a sort of "Garageband Pro" mode, as it's known.... it's pretty much LP9 with a dash of new paint.. and a few more new features... some of which are more useful than others... and a few features that have vanished into the ether.. but then, I rarely used them myself (The Global Chord track would be one example of these missing features) so i don't personally miss them.

I have no problems switching back and forth.... (I use the LP9 Key Command preset in LPX to help with this) as both can happily reside on the same Mac.

However, LP9 v9.1.5 or to a slightly lesser degree..v9.1.8 under Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is, without a doubt, the most stable and best performing combo of OS X and Logic there was/is to date... which is why quite a few of us, still use that setup as our main working rigs.

Would apple ever consider putting Logic Pro 9 up for sale again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.