Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with browsing the internet, anyone experiencing the same or have a solution?

I have been a macbook pro owner for about a month and a half now. Having been a long time windows user i downloaded google chrome to import all of my bookmarks over to safari and just kept it as an extra browser. At times iv experienced extreme lag while browsing the internet, watching videos etc (just normal every day web browsing), but i noticed that if i open up the same links that are experiencing issues in another browser, like facebook or youtube, and then run the same commands suddenly everything works fine and smoothly. But i haven't just experienced it in safari, it happens in chrome as well. Chrome wont load a web page so i swap over to safari, and vise versa. Just for experimenting sake i downloaded firefox, and it does the same thing too!

it has turned into a proverbial wack-a-mole scenario, i'm now rotating between three different browsers at any given moment just to open up normal web pages and do normal every day stuff!

I haven't found anything online that has helped me pin down the issue, does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening and how to fix it?

much appreciated!

-Macbook Newbie Aron

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 12:18 PM

1 reply

Issues with browsing the internet, anyone experiencing the same or have a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.