Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why in the iCloud drive does not appear anymore in the finder the folder "documents by readdle" ? I had it until the new 8.3 update.

Hello,

Until the update 10.10.3 of the os x Yosemite i had in finder in the iCloud drive part a folder with the "documents by readdle" that does not appear anymore. I have only "preview", "pages: and "numbers". Could you give me a hand ? Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iCloud drive problem

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 1:06 PM

14 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:22 AM in response to CSamy

the folders are under library/mobile documents. however if you go through this in finder you will see no files/folder behind mobile documents.

if instead you you go to 'go', 'go folder' and type there ~library/mobile documents/commondocuments you suddenly see all folders behind mobile document and most probably also yr riddle files.

Apr 20, 2015 4:32 AM in response to stdus

Hi

This doesn't solve my problem. I can find the files exactly as you say but since I use Documents by Readdle in my iOS-devices it won't sync since the Document by Readdle-folder doesn't appear i Finder in my iMac. This is strange because it works perfectly in my MacBook Air.

Do you have any idea that can help me?

Brgds,

Anders

Edit:

Problem solved for me as well. Instead of making an "alias" I copied the folder and pasted in the iCloud Drive folder. Not so cleaver. 😝

Thanks.

Strange however that the Documents by Readdle folder appeared automatically in my MacBook Air but not at all in my iMac...

Anders

Apr 26, 2015 6:40 AM in response to Baron Mojohito

What happens if you just type "~library/"? Can you find the Mobile Documents-folder? If so, try to double click it and hopefully you will come to your iCloud Drive folder. It works for me. If it works for you I suggest you try to make an "alias" of the Mobile Documents folder and paste the alias in the iCloud Drive folder after double clicking.

Good luck.

//Anders

Apr 26, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Baron Mojohito

Hi Baron

The strangest thing happened tonight when I started my iMac which is the computer I've experienced trouble with. All of a sudden the Documents by Readdle-folder appeared in my iCloud Drive-folder together with Pages, Keynotes, Numbers and Preview. The latter four has been there all the time but not the DbR-folder. I did nothing so I don't know why the folder decided to show up today.

This means I won't need the alias from the Mobile Documents-folder. However, the alias worked nicely all along.

I hope your problem will be resolved in one way or the other.

Brgds,

Anders

Apr 26, 2015 9:57 PM in response to afromnewbridge

When I ope the Go menu and press the Option key, I can see the Library menu in the list. I created an Alias, and copied that into the iCloud Drive folder. When I open the folder, I can see an extensive list of apps with data in iCloud. I opened PDF Expert (the app whose data I critically need on the Mac) and that folder is empty.

When I login to iCloud.com, I can see the folders and files, but they're not being downloaded to the Mac.

Thanks for your help Anders, I'll keep trying different things. Hopefully my folder will magically reappear as yours did!

Sep 5, 2015 8:21 AM in response to CSamy

It seems to be mainly an issue with Readdle's apps, as I was having same problem with PDF expert. I found a simple fix that worked for me. I went to iCloud drive settings on my iPhone and went to the iCloud drive sub menu which listed all the apps. I toggled off and then on PDF expert and just magically appeared on my mac finder. Would be interested to know if this works for anyone else.

Why in the iCloud drive does not appear anymore in the finder the folder "documents by readdle" ? I had it until the new 8.3 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.