Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork isn't appearing on my iPod, but is on my iTunes library on my laptop

I'm currently trying to listen to music on my iPod touch, but for some unknown reason, the album artwork/cover isn't appear in on my library at alol, however if I go onto my library on my laptop the artwork is there? How do I get the album artwork back on my iPod?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 2:10 PM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2017 9:40 AM in response to Camykazie

I had a similar experience; artwork on my iPod disappeared for no apparent reason, but it was still evident on my phone and MacBook. The best way I solved this was to connect my iPod to my computer and iTunes, go to Devices and select my iPod. Then I selected all my songs, deleted them and ejected my iPod. I reconnected, and did a full Sync from my iTunes library back onto the iPod. I also made sure that I selected "Get Album Artwork" from my Library tab.

After it all re-synced, my artwork and music library were back together again. :-) All of the elaborate fixes I found when searching for a solution were more than I needed to do - thankfully.

Have a great day!

Apr 11, 2015 3:44 PM in response to Camykazie

If not this:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

then

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Sep 3, 2015 7:42 PM in response to Camykazie

BEFORE YOU DELETE ANYTHING TRY THIS

After at least 20 hours of this happening, I am closer to resolution.

0. Close the Music app on your device and ANYTHING ELSE that uses your library.

1. Make sure all the artwork is in your iTunes (yes its a pain, but bite the bullet - cop an external drive, backup, and reload your media). You dont have to start from ground zero like this, like i said, nearly 20 hours, but it eliminates the idea that your artwork is all over the place and can't be synced as a result.

2. Go to the songs listed on your iPhone in iTunes (sorry to do this but...I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus wi...just kidding - basically, I'm doing this on an iPhone), highlight them all, then right click uncheck selection. May take a while but in under 1.5 minutes it'll do that.

At this point iTunes started doing its typical autonomous decision making and kept quiet.

3. Unhighlight it all then highlight it all again, right click, then choose check selection.

It'll do it's thing, clever device that it is.

It seems nothing has happened, but I think it effectively forces a Man In The Mirror moment (pardon me, I'm happy it worked), it wants to make that change.

4. Hit Sync, what should happen is that it'll do the nightmare thing where it prepares to update for ages - I think if ur reading this, you know what that implies, but let it go ahead. It's going to remove all the artwork from the phone but not the file don't worry. This is good.

5. Vent a little bit (about apple, Donald Trump, the economy), just not about me, Kanye West or President Obama - they're both good people up against an established system, and I'm HELPING ur @$$...I digress. Breathe.

6. Get back to this system, it should've synced by now and your music should still play just with no artwork - don't sob.

7. Unplug it, plug it back in, you don't have to but it won't hurt.

8. Sync again, this time it'll sync and do the preparing to update thing again except this time its a good one. It should eventually finish preparing and bloody well get to it - I have about 10,100 songs so I expected it to take ages but wasn't that long, it did it 4402 songs the first time (7-10 mins). I opened iTunes on my phone and sadly no artwork - I was very angry - keep the faith tho.

9. Sync again, yes it'll prepare to update AGAIN, then, it did another batch of 4402 or there about of syncing.

10. Open iTunes on your phone and TA-DA!

11. You may have to sync again but fortunately for me it only took two rounds and i didn't delete anything.

Hope it works!

One more thing - all lives matter, so stand up, speak up - we're all human nobody needs to be oppressed and keeping people out or ensuring they stay in boxes is only going to rot whats within. Reason and help. Like I just did. 🙂

User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2016 5:16 PM in response to I.Oko

I believe its way simpler that all of the above:

Sometimes not all tracks have a cover or artwork.

If only 1 track has a cover, itunes shows the cover

If all BUT 1 have cover, the Iphone or ipod WONT show the cover.

All i did was:

1- Remove all the albums from my iphone that didint have artwork

2- go in each of those disks in itunes, select the entire album, requested to get the artwork from itunes.

(When itunes did not have the art work, i would just go online, download it and inserted the artwork in the entire cd...)

3-put the albums back in my iphone

Thats all

May 31, 2016 11:00 AM in response to Camykazie

Life as we know it may be a lot simpler!!

1. Download, or scan artwork for the album, and save to desktop.

2. Go to iTunes on your computer, and locate the offending album. (you will be updating artwork for the entire album, not track by track)

3. Right click on the album cover, and select "Get Info", you may get a warning about "editing multiple items" this is fine, click ok.

4. From the Info window, select the artwork tab.

5. Right click on the Album artwork, select the delete option.

6. Add the new downloaded / scanned artwork

7. Wait for a few minutes, then connect the iPod, and "sync"

All should now be well.

Album artwork isn't appearing on my iPod, but is on my iTunes library on my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.