Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes button delay in Yosemite

I just upgraded to Yosemite (tried first back in October 2014 but it was just too **** slow) and while everything seems perfect, there is one main annoyance: a noticeable button delay when using the keyboard to play, pause, and skip to the next songs in iTunes.

The delay is around 1-2 seconds, and this has never happened before on Mavericks, where it was instant. When I open the iTunes window, clicking the buttons with the mouse or using the space bar and arrow keys is perfect with no delays whatsoever

Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a fix? I'd be grateful for any help.

- Andrew

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 2:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Comptinator

Entering this into the Terminal helped me fix the problem. I actually tried solving another problem (long fetching in Finder upon 'Open with' window), and it helped me there. The same day I noticed that play/pause button delay is gone too.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed -r -f -v -domain local-domain user -domain system

The command was originally posted by this guy http://apple.stackexchange.com/a/154264

Hope this helps.

iTunes button delay in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.