Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Aperture still sync to devices with iTunes 12.1.2?

Could not find answer to this, so thought the Aperture community would know.

Since the iTunes 12.1.2 upgrade is mostly about the new Photos app integration, I am worried that I will lose the ability to sync my Aperture albums to my iPhone.

Anyone know if this is a problem?

Thanks, Eddie

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:07 PM

Not an issue here, I'm still using Aperture:

User uploaded file

7 replies

Aug 5, 2015 8:19 AM in response to Edwin Sanchez1

I am attempting to sync Aperture to a new iPad and have not been able to. I have synced my devices with Aperture in the past and had no problems. I can select Aperture from iTunes, however, the "importing photos" banner stays on overnight and then I get a message that the Aperture library is not available. I deleted the cache file in aperture and tried again to no avail. I can sync Photos easily. If I go back to Aperture, I get the same banner for another night! Anyone who has experienced this problem, please help. Very frustrated.

Aug 5, 2015 3:09 PM in response to trainerextra

There is an iTunes problem in syncing photo's. Syncing will hang in "Importing photos". I don't know if this is specifically Aperture related, but of you say you can sync from Photos, it probably is. The only thing that helps me is deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder from the Aperture library and retry syncing. It will then have to resync ALL photo's according to your selection. I have reported this as a bug, but don't know if or when Apple will solve this. If it is Aperture related (and not iTunes) I fear the worst, since Aperture is no longer supported.

Does Aperture still sync to devices with iTunes 12.1.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.