Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBONOW

According to HBO NOW's help section, once I purchased HBO NOW through appleTV I was supposed to get an e-mail to create a unique account login for the app. I never got any e-mail. I did get an iTunes reciept for the subcription (so the pruchase went through) but neither HBO nor Apple sent me any information on registering my account.

As is, I can't login. The app tells me I have a subscription but "fails to connect" to the iTunes store to validate it. I can't even trick the app into just giving me the free trial (it says I have a subscription and bounces me to login). I tried to reset my password via HboNow.com, but they don't even recognize my e-mail as having an account.

I saw a few solutions on the forum that involved loging into the app on an iPad or iPhone - I don't own either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 3:42 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:06 AM in response to theShmulie

FInally an answer. They need to make this clearer on the Apple TV.

Thank you for contacting HBO NOW Support.

Unfortunately at this time the only way to fully subscribe and register for HBO Now is only done through an Apple iOS device (ie. Iphone, Ipad, Ipod touch). After full registration you will then be able to access HBO Now through your Apple TV. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

HBONOW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.