Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Recovery Email Never Sent

Greetings.

I have lost the password to my Apple ID. I do, however, retain access to the associated email account (the one used to log in with). One of the password reset options is to send an email. The email, however (a gmail email) never arrives. This holds true after over a week (despite a multitude of reattempts). It is not blocked, in a spam folder, or similar; it simply never arrives. It would seem, then, that something in the reset mechanism is broken.

I did test to see if this was reproducible with a new Apple ID. Apparently it is not - the email sends instantly. It seems, then, that it is either specific to the account, or to the time in which it was created (back in 2012).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 6:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2015 2:59 PM in response to MagentaTree

Hi MagentaTree,

It sounds like you are clicking the link to send the reset security questions email to your rescue address but it never arrives. I would take note of this section of the following article, as you may need to reach out to support directly for further assistance:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

Go to your rescue email address to open the reset email. Follow the steps in the email to set up new questions and answers. Didn't get the email?

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Apple ID Recovery Email Never Sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.