Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete items already imported?

OK, When plugging my iPhone into my Mac prior to the advent of the new Photos app, there was an option in iPhoto on the imports page to delete the photos from my phone that had already been imported (via PhotoStream, for example).

I don't see an equivalent in Photos. If I delete the photo from the camera roll on the phone, I am warned that this will remove it from PhotoStream on all of my devices (I'm not using iCloud Photo Library).

This, of course, is not what I want to happen. I just want to delete them from the camera roll.

There is an option to delete them from the phone when they are imported, but if they came in via PhotoStream, there seems to be no way to get rid of them without either ending up with duplicates in my photo library (re-importing them with delete after import checked) or having them deleted from my PhotoStream.

Am I missing something?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 6:26 PM

6 replies

Jun 16, 2015 3:28 PM in response to LarryHN

Wow! That's the first time I've seen that workaround. Never even used Image Capture before. I don't like it as much as using iPhotos, but it seems doable -- and a lot faster than doing it on the device.

Is it deleting it only from my "Camera Roll" on the device? Or will it delete photos that are in the PhotoStream if I delete them that way (I get warned about that when I delete from within my device)?

Jun 16, 2015 3:33 PM in response to LarryHN

OK. I agree that that question doesn't apply to the Photos app -- just applies to the "workaround" for the Photos problem....

I guess I just couldn't figure out how to search for the answer properly -- which is a bit unusual for me.

I had posted a similar question a few weeks ago asking the same thing, and never got any replies...

Delete items already imported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.