Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not Charging?

My 2008 MacBook Penryn is not charging. The charger makes a hissing sound when plugged in. It also does not show a orange light but a very faint green one... It only has 40% left. I talked to someone on the phone and she said I need a new charger... a 80W but i checked and there is no 80W only an 85W. HELP!!

2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, no OS (yet)

MacBook, iOS 8.2, No OS

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 6:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2015 9:44 PM in response to drake.bebe

The standard power adapter for that generation 13.3" white or black MacBook is the 60-watt Magsafe charger.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC461LL/A/apple-60w-magsafe-power-adapter-for- macbook-and-13-inch-macbook-pro

Either the T connector or the L connector will work, but some MacBooks might need a firmware update to use the L-shaped connector:

Portables: L-shaped MagSafe power adapter does not charge computer and LED indicator light does not illuminate - Apple S…

Per other posts in these forums, a 85-watt Magsafe power adapter will work without problems on a 13.3" MacBook, but the larger-capacity adapter was designed for the large-screen 15" and 17" MacBook Pro computers.

And yes, there are other places to purchase new genuine Apple power adapters, including OtherWorldComputing (www.macsales.com)

MacBook not Charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.