Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using I DVD when I start burning the dvd the title goes right across the front of the dvd.

When burning a dvd in I DVD the title of the dvd suddenly appears right across the front of the dvd, obscuring the picture and not fitting etc.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 10:19 PM

What version of iDVD and what theme are you using? Is the problem happening after you burn the disc and play it back?

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2015 10:19 PM in response to Beetle Love

What version of iDVD and what theme are you using? Is the problem happening after you burn the disc and play it back?

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2015 10:54 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you Old Toad for helping me. The version is automatically updated when they come but not sure which version it is but it will be the latest because they are automatically updated.

The theme is either revolution or main!

I have since re made the DVD and saved as a disc image and the new one worked! So will be saving further movies to disc image from now no and hope all goes well.

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers Beetle Love

Using I DVD when I start burning the dvd the title goes right across the front of the dvd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.