Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 wifi problems

Wifi problems continue with iOS 8.3. My iPad Air 2 keeps losing connection. I've tried reset, reinstalls and was hoping 8.3 would fix the problem. It hasn't. My original iPad running an old iOS still works fine on wifi so clearly Apple still have to address this very serious issue.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, Wifi problems

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 12:12 AM

9 replies

May 4, 2015 4:09 PM in response to LCaraway

I have an iPad 2, iPhone 5, and iPad Air 2. NONE are experiencing the wifi issues you mention on my home network or any other networks I have used. They are all updated to the latest iOS. If it's a hardware problem, then it is not on all devices or millions of owners would be screaming. If you have tried the various solutions offered by Apple & the users on these forums, & If you think it's a hardware issue with your iPad, then make an appointment at a Genius Bar. The iPad Air 2 is still under warranty.

May 4, 2015 4:26 PM in response to jazcan

Are you familiar with what the issue is jazcan? It isn't full wifi outages (well for some people it actually is, but for whatever reason their device doesn't reconnect-- there appear to be many reasons).

For mine, it is intermittent drops in connection. For web browsing and casual use this isn't an issue because it'll pick the connection up right away after-- for anything else requiring a consistent connection you'll get blips and spikes or disconnected (when you need to connect to remote servers).

I've already exchanged my ipad 2 air in for another one and same issues.

May 4, 2015 5:28 PM in response to jazcan

jazcan this is my second device with the same problem. And it's the same problem experienced by Lcaraway. I've had the phone replaced once only to have the same problems. Not saying it's happening to every user but It's definitely not a hardware problem. And there is a substantial amount of people having the issue. The issue makes up one of the biggest threads on this site

May 7, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Provinces

Hi Provinces,

After upgrading my iPad 4 to the latest iOS version 8.3, I was seeing wifi issues too. Tried pretty much all the troubleshooting steps that I came across here in the forum and also online but nothing helped. However few days back I disabled Bluetooth & restarted my iPad after that. To my surprise the wifi issues that I have been seeing disappeared :-).

If you are still seeing wifi issues, try this option & see if that works.

iOS 8.3 wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.