Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer my email address from old iCloud account to new iCloud account?

Hi Guys,

Basically I left the Apple ecosystem a year or so ago, I have recently purchased myself an iPhone 6 and decided I wanted a fresh start so decided to create another account.

The only problem is I still use the old email and if possible I'd like to close it on my old account and have it transferred to my new one, is this possible? I'm not too fussed about losing calendars or contacts as I successfully transferred those over.

So yeah, basically can I have my other email address moved over to the new account?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 2:08 AM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2015 2:10 AM in response to Simon Blades

You can't move an address - either primary or alias - from one account to another. However you can still use the old account: sign into the new account in Settings>iCloud, and then sign into the old one in Settings>Mail, Contacts & Calendars. You need only enable the Mail facility, then the address will appear as a separate account in the Mail app.

Apr 18, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

My old email address is dead; it was not an iCloud email, not a .mac, nor a .me address. I cannot receive not send email from that old email address. All my iTunes purchases for apps and music were associated with the old email address that doesn't exist anymore. How do I get all my iTunes purchased transferred to my iCloud account (.mac address) away from all my purchases with a now nonexistent email address? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Apr 18, 2015 8:36 AM in response to lgalbiati

You cannot transfer your iTunes account to your iCloud account. However you can change its login to another non-Apple address. Go to http://appleid.apple.com and click 'Manage your Apple ID'. Sign in with the current ID. Where it says 'Apple ID and primary email address' and gives your current ID email address, click 'edit'. Enter your new address (which cannot be an Apple address) and click 'Save changes'. Now open iTunes and sign out; sign back in with the new login address.

Can I transfer my email address from old iCloud account to new iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.