Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW Files since 10.10.3 corrupted

Hello,

yesterday, I updated my Mac with OS X 10.10.3.

It seems that also the Version of the RAW Converter has changed.

Now I have the problems that RAW Files from my Sony Alpha 6000 are corrupted when I am trying to open them in Aperture or in the new Photo-App.

RAW Files that were imported with the previous RAW Converter are showed correct.

Is it possible to go back to the older RAW-Converter and delete the new one?

Is this a known problem ?

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 4:32 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 2:53 PM in response to moehlig

I have this same issue.

To be exact, pics that I previously imported from the a6000 look fine. If I reprocess them - i.e. aperture says they were "adjusted using a previous version of aperture" - the pictures go nuts. Crazy colors everywhere (especially pink) and practically zero meaningful detail. Only with raw, not with jpeg. This only started recently.

I only noticed this issue when I recently imported a batch of new photos. At first I thought my camera had corrupted the pics, or maybe the SD card had been corrupted. After backing up the photos and importing them multiple times, same problem...

Then later I noticed the 'reprocess' option on older photos, and wallah - it did the same exact thing - on pictures that were already in the computer and had previously rendered perfectly fine.

I hadn't used lightroom before, but I downloaded it and tried importing the same photos. Interestingly enough, the same exact photos from the same camera / SD card look absolutely fine in lightroom. Thus, the pics aren't corrupted, whatsoever, and aperture or apple's raw converter has been screwed up at some point in the last several months. Not sure if this is limited strictly to the a6000 ARW raw files.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 and Aperture 3.6

If you see this issue please comment and let apple know this is a problem.

Oct 16, 2015 11:41 AM in response to -DrD-

So this appears to have been fixed with 10.11 El Capitan.

I called apple, got a hold of a great Tier 2 rep, and we worked pretty thoroughly with this issue. Did some extensive process of elimination, even tried the same RAW pics in a trial of lightroom, and they looked fine. Removed and re-added the file aperture uses for raw conversion, same thing. Finally just decided to reinstall OSX Yosemite - over itself - and believe it or not, problem remained. All raw pictures from my a6000 would go random-haywire graphics.

Couldn't get anything to work, but was determined that it was a software issue still, so the tech took this thread and our testing up to the engineer team. That was last I heard.

Yesterday, I did the software update for everything FIRST (including aperture), and the problem remained.

Then, I decided to upgrade to 10.11 El Capitan, and low-and behold the problem is -gone-. RAW pics from the a6000 look absolutely fine now. FIrst time it's worked in months - and only after going to 10.11 (not any other updates). Now... I can't say why this happened, or why an update to 10.11 was required... but, hey, it works, and it was free. Shout out to the rep for helping me out and pushing this through to the right people.

RAW Files since 10.10.3 corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.