Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop my Cursor from blinking

Hi guys!

I would like to have a non-blinking cursor. Not just for some apps like pages but on a global level, in every program or application, including safari and mail. In Windows this is no problem, one can fix it within seconds but for macs there seems to be no solution to this. I want my cursor to be a non-blinking bar like this -> I

I already know terminal commands like this one:

User uploaded file

but that does not solve the problem as it does not stop my cursor from blinking in safari or mail or finder.. It just works for pages... I've already asked this question but all feedback I have received was the stuff above (which I already knew).

Does anyone know the solution? It is driving me nuts...

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 9:55 AM

I don't think you are going to be able to do this.

Certain apps use their own custom text areas that may override the 'global' setting that is inherited from Apple's default values. Some apps will ignore or override the behaviour. Or have their own setting (for example Terminal).

You should also consider that the value you are setting is an on & off rate, if you set it to something high you will eventually find the cursor disappears & remains off. You will need to click around to make it reappear. Setting it to 0 doesn't help either.

You may need to look for a third party system modifier apps to allow you to alter this - bear in mind those hacks can cause more issues since they tweak the OS beyond what Apple ever intended.

Post a feedback request for a chance of Apple adding this as an option…

http://apple.com/feedback/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2015 9:55 AM in response to KumquatZH

I don't think you are going to be able to do this.

Certain apps use their own custom text areas that may override the 'global' setting that is inherited from Apple's default values. Some apps will ignore or override the behaviour. Or have their own setting (for example Terminal).

You should also consider that the value you are setting is an on & off rate, if you set it to something high you will eventually find the cursor disappears & remains off. You will need to click around to make it reappear. Setting it to 0 doesn't help either.

You may need to look for a third party system modifier apps to allow you to alter this - bear in mind those hacks can cause more issues since they tweak the OS beyond what Apple ever intended.

Post a feedback request for a chance of Apple adding this as an option…

http://apple.com/feedback/

Stop my Cursor from blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.