Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.1.2.27 won't open

I have downloaded this twice, but it will not open on my macbook running OS10.10.3. Anyone got any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 8:11 AM

I have the same problem. I too have OS 10.10.3. the itune store is accessible from my iphone 6 and my ipad air 2. but not from mac. any ideas? re downloading does not help either.

12 replies

Apr 13, 2015 2:31 AM in response to Romulalupine

Hi, I may not have totally deleted it. In finder>applications I moved iTunes to the trash and emptied the trash. I did not get a warning message.

Then I did a safe start and re-installed iTunes. It now seems to work. If you are getting a warning message, I think the problem needs escalating, as so many people seem to have it, there must be an incompatible bit of code in the new iTunes.

iTunes 12.1.2.27 won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.