Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple TV to view my iCloud Photo Library?

II've uploaded a load of photos to my iCloud photo library and was told by the retailer that displaying these on my new AppleTV would be easy. I've managed to get into the iCloud using Apple TV and onto the photos section but there's no sign of any images.

All help gratefully received.

thanks

BRian

iMac

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 8:00 AM

Apple TV doesn't have currently have access to iCloud photo library, only photo stream.

11 replies

Apr 12, 2015 8:05 AM in response to vazandrew

Thanks for replying so quickly, it's saved me hours of trying to work it out.

Bought Apple TV today ... question to Apple retailer 'Will I be able to view all of my iCloud photo library using this?'

Response ... 'yes, just turn it on, sign into iCloud and you'll see the option to view your library'

Moral of story ...ask Apple community first, they know more than the retailers.

Again, thanks , your help is much appreciated.

Brian

May 15, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Bafnew

You can view your iCloud Photo library in your Apple TV if you have iCloud Photo library enabled in your mac. You can do this through iTunes home sharing. It's a same thing. You can view all your library photos and videos if you choose "All photos and albums" in Home Sharing on your iTunes. The only inconvenience is that your iTunes needs to be open on your mac.

May 15, 2015 2:49 PM in response to baduriusa

Its not really a workaround, stating so will confuse other users. home sharing works exactly the same as it did before the photos app. All photos in the app would be available regardless of if you've chosen to upload them or synced them through iCloud in the main app (which is an optional feature and can be turned off). This sharing is done through Itunes (home sharing - choose photos to share)

Can I use Apple TV to view my iCloud Photo Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.