Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an iphone 6 plus which show iphone disable connect to itunes. i tried to restore but it won't work and everytime it says "Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored because firmware file is corrupted disconnect and try again later"

last night while i was sleeping at somone has tried to open my passcode if Iphone 6 plus model A1524. Now i cannot see the passcode screen and it just saysi phone is disable connect to itunes . Then i decided to restore my iphone and i have download almost 4 firmware files (iPhone7,1_8.3_12F70_Restore.ipsw and iPhone7,1_8.0_12A366_Restore.ipsw and iPhone7,1_8.0.1_12A402_Restore.ipsw and fourth one is iPhone7,1_8.2_12D508_Restore.ipsw.part) and restore (by holding shift in itunes and selecting file ) using itunes ( which is current version 12.1.2.27 64 bit) but for everytime two of them(while extracting ) which are (iPhone7,1_8.3_12F70_Restore.ipsw and iPhone7,1_8.2_12D508_Restore.ipsw.part) it says "Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored becuse firmware file was corrupted please disconnect and try again later" .i have tried to download "iPhone7,1_8.3_12F70_Restore.ipsw " manually and via itunes (when i download and restore using itunes it says

"There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone ''iPhone'' A unknown error occured (9006).

Make sure your networks settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again.''

but nothing works (While for rest of two it says firmware file is not compatible).. I'm tired of these now as i'm working on this problem for 5 days 😟...

Please help me as soon as possible..

sorry for my poor english..

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, model A1524

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Hello JD_NINJA,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Error 9006 when restoring your iOS device indicates that there is security software on your computer which is preventing connection to the Apple server or your device. To troubleshoot this issue please follow the directions below.

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

When restoring your iPhone, please make sure to follow the directions in the link below to properly restore.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 10:12 AM in response to JD_NINJA

Hello JD_NINJA,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Error 9006 when restoring your iOS device indicates that there is security software on your computer which is preventing connection to the Apple server or your device. To troubleshoot this issue please follow the directions below.

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

When restoring your iPhone, please make sure to follow the directions in the link below to properly restore.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

i have an iphone 6 plus which show iphone disable connect to itunes. i tried to restore but it won't work and everytime it says "Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored because firmware file is corrupted disconnect and try again later"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.