Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create account for HBO Now without using an Apple Product or subscribing to Optimum?

The ads say you can stream HBO now on any device but I can't set up an account with no Apple product.

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 9:06 AM

23 replies

Apr 12, 2015 9:21 AM in response to Csound1

Ok well it's not working for me without an Apple device or Optimum subscription. I may be doing it wrong but I can't see anyway to setup an account that doesn't involve an Apple device or Optimum subscription. Have you done so or are you saying it should be possible, because it appears it should work that way but I can't create an account.

Apr 12, 2015 10:39 AM in response to notch226

OK so again, you have done this without using an Apple product or Optimum subscription? If so please explain in steps what to do, because there is no way I can discover to register without using an Apple device. So if I'm doing it wrong please explain it to me. Your link provides nothing that helps with the initial setup. So please either provide the proper steps or stop spreading false information.

Apr 12, 2015 1:54 PM in response to notch226

I'm going to type slowly, have you activated an HBO Now account without using an Apple product or being an Optimum subscriber. You can post all the links and pics you want, it doesn't matter what that says. I want you to do what I stated above and describe the steps. Obviously since you're so smart you can explain it to me. Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2015 2:52 PM in response to Csound1

When you press the button for the free trial it asks you to log into an HBO NOW account. You need to have an apple product in order to download the HBO NOW app, and then create an HBO NOW account. Without an apple product, you can download the app on itunes, but can't open it, nor can you create an HBO NOW account. Once you have an HBO NOW account you can log into HBO NOW on the internet, yes. But until you create an HBO account using the Apple HBO NOW app, which you need an Apple product for, you can't get an HBO NOW account.

Apr 14, 2015 2:52 PM in response to notch226

No, there is no way to get an HBO NOW account without an Apple product. You have to download the HBO NOW app, create an account, and then you can use the account on the internet. You cannot create an account using the HBO NOW app on iTunes. You can download the app, but you cannot open it, so you cannot create an HBO NOW account, and as such cannot log into the internet service.

Apr 14, 2015 3:01 PM in response to Csound1

It is possible that my internet connection is not supported/will not work for HBO NOW. I have tried on both my laptop and my home computer. It states you need a "high speed broadband internet connection", or it is possible that they changed their deal with Apple. Yes, I "hit the big blue button".

User uploaded file

This is the screen options the other party was talking about. This is what happens when you click "the big blue button".

How can I create account for HBO Now without using an Apple Product or subscribing to Optimum?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.