Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my old Ipod Classic able to be repaired not under warranty?

I have an older Ipod classic that has recently stopped producing sound out of one earphone. It's so old that I do not believe I will have warranty on it, so I was wondering if I were to take it in to an Apple store would I be able to get it fixed/replaced for free or would I have to pay a fee even though it is a system problem and not physical damage?

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 10:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2015 11:07 AM in response to lbaker06

Hello lbaker06,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that your headphones which came with your iPod classic are no longer functioning correctly. Have you tried the headphones in another device to ensure they are the issue? If so, then the accessories which come with your iPod are covered under the iPod warranty. If your device is not under warranty, then you may have to pay for a replacement.

My iPod accessory is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

You can contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to determine your service options. You may need to pay for a replacement accessory.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Take care,

Alex H.

Apr 15, 2015 11:24 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

What I meant when I said it wasn't working out of one of the earphones was that even with brand new earphones (I have tried this) the right earphone never produces sound which I believe to be an internal problem with the iPod. So even if there is an internal issue with an Apple product that is outside of its warranty it will not be taken care of free of charge?

Hopefully this is a better explanation and you can help me out.

Thanks,

Laura

Apr 15, 2015 8:54 PM in response to lbaker06

Hi Laura,

Thanks for clearing things up. It does appear then that there is a hardware issue with the iPad itself. You can check your warranty coverage by entering your iPod's serial number in the link below.

Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

In the link below you can see what kind of repair pricing you're looking at for your iPod. Click on Repair Pricing on the left side of the page.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Can my old Ipod Classic able to be repaired not under warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.