Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4s wont connect in apple tv 3rd gen dont show the airplay icon, but apple tv can connect in Bose sound touch 20 via airplay, and the iphone also connect to sound touch 20 via airplay, so it means theres something wrong in my iphone.

my iphone 4s wont connect in apple tv 3rd gen dont show the airplay icon, but apple tv can connect in Bose sound touch 20 via airplay, and the iphone also connect to sound touch 20 via airplay, ive just buy it yesterday in Mediamarkt Spain,, so it means theres something wrong between my iphone and the apple tv? please me

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2015 1:36 PM in response to jaredfox06

Hi jaredfox06,

If I understand the issue correctly, you have recently purchased a used iPhone and you do not see your Apple TV in the control center in order to AirPlay. To troubleshoot this issue please follow the steps outlined below.

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that you have the latest software on your iOS device and Apple TV.
  2. Make sure that both devices have Wi-Fi turned on.
    On your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
    On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Network.
  3. If you're trying to use peer-to-peer AirPlay, make sure that both devices have Bluetooth turned on.
    On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
    On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Bluetooth.

User uploaded file

If you don't see AirPlay in Control Center

When an AirPlay-enabled device is available, you'll see AirPlay in Control Center on your iOS device.

If you don't, try these steps:

1. Restart your iOS device and Apple TV.
  2. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    On your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
    On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Network. If your Apple TV is connected using Ethernet, make sure that it’s plugged in to the router you're using for Wi-Fi.
  3. On your Apple TV, make sure that AirPlay is turned on. Go to Settings > AirPlay.

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

my iphone 4s wont connect in apple tv 3rd gen dont show the airplay icon, but apple tv can connect in Bose sound touch 20 via airplay, and the iphone also connect to sound touch 20 via airplay, so it means theres something wrong in my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.