Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 Airplay issue

I have an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+, both are upgraded to iOS 8.3 recently.

I've noticed when I am using Airplay to watch web content, usually a short video on a web page, the airplay would gut out randomly (every 3-5 minutes or so). When this happens, the video continues to play on the iPad or iPhone, but seems Airplay connection was dropped. Before the upgrade, those videos were playing on my apple tv streaming from my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+ perfectly. I did check my apple TV software, it says no update available.

Anyone else have seen this issue, or have reported similar issue to Apple? Looks like an iOS 8.3 specific issue to me.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 12:57 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2015 1:30 PM in response to bgeiOS

Greetings bgeiOS,

If you are having an issue with losing AirPlay connection during use from your iOS devices, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In particular from the section titled If your playback is interrupted, or you have network lag -

You might notice these issues if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a different device, like a microwave or baby monitor. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the recommended settings for your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Move or turn off other devices that might cause interference.
  3. Try connecting your Apple TV directly to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Some apps might stop AirPlay when you lock your device or put your device to sleep.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

iOS 8.3 Airplay issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.