Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble downloading Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0

Hi folks!

So, like many of you, judging from other postings here, I had great difficulty downloading and installing the 10.10.3 update via the App Store. It would just hang and hang and hang. However, downloading the Combo Updater directly from the Apple Support site took minutes.

Unfortunately, I have encountered the exact same problem with the Recovery Update. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps I could find (clearing the App Store cache and temporary items, repairing permissions, etc.). It still is taking hours and hours to download, and has just given up more than a few times. Indeed, it is listed numerous times in the "recently installed" section, and yet, it does not appear to have ever successfully installed.

To make it all a little more interesting, I tried downloading a game through the App Store, and it worked perfectly. So, this problem seems to be specific to Mac OS updates. Thus, I am starting to think that the App Store, in itself, is not the problem.

Furthermore, although perhaps unrelated, it took hours and hours to update my iPad and my iPhone to the latest iOS yesterday. Are there servers just overloaded? Is that possibly still a factor at this point today?

I cannot seem to find a direct download at the Apple site for the Recovery Update, nor can I figure out how to check if perhaps it DID install. It's clearly not as simple as checking the OS version, or the version of this or that application.

Has anyone else managed to get around this somehow?

Thank you!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 12:35 PM

"Are THEIR servers just overloaded?" My goodness.

16 replies

Apr 16, 2015 8:36 AM in response to K47MU-D

I am very sorry to hear that. Perhaps you won't want to read this, then, but I think it finally installed correctly. I tried yet again shortly after my last post and left it to do something else. Now, it has been listed as "installed" perhaps a dozen times, but as you know, it would just time out or give up or whatever, and the "Update" option would still be there. This time, that option is gone, and there is no longer a notification number indicating an update is available. With great trepidation, I reloaded the page, but still no change. So I think it has finally installed legitimately.

This does not mean, however, that the problem (which remains unidentified) has been solved. All it means is I am stubborn. Why it took several days to download and install a little 500 MB update is beyond me.

May 9, 2015 6:38 PM in response to DrPuppet

Just wanted to let everyone know that a RAW Compatibility update appeared today alongside the very stubborn Yosemite Recovery 1.0 Update that has refused to install since April 11th. I chose "update all," assuming that the camera update would succeed and the Recovery update would continue to fail (as it has done with the recent iMovie and iTunes updates), but guess what?

THE RECOVERY UPDATE FINALLY INSTALLED.

This was my 25th attempt.

I suppose the lesson is never give up?

Trouble downloading Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.