Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem syncing IPOD nano

I have installed iTunes onto a new laptop and tried to sync IPOD nano (the square one). However, even though computer says it is syncing and so does the IPOD, when I check the IPOD, there is no music at all. I have tried restoring and re-syncing numerous times. This is very frustrating. Any ideas?

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:36 PM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2015 12:43 PM in response to mattytheipodlover

Hi Matt,

I do have music in the iTunes library (I can play it). I did accept the loss of all of my CDs and when I connected the IPOD I transferred the purchased music back into iTunes (this worked). Then I went to the iTunes store and bought some new music, downloaded and tried to sync and then failure - no music on the IPOD. I tried restoring and then syncing numerous times. Each time the computer said it had worked but there was never any music. In despair, I went back to my old, and problematic laptop. At first it did not recognise my IPOD, so I restored and managed to sync, plus I gained the new music I had downloaded (with the added advantage that I still had all of my imported CDs). So I have my IPOD back now but I would still like to understand why it does not work with the new laptop. Sorry for the long explanation.

Tracy

Apr 17, 2015 7:07 AM in response to mattytheipodlover

Hi Matt,

I tried plugging the IPOD back into the new laptop but it doesn't recognise it as it says it needs to be restored first (so the only bit I see is the top box from your screenshot with the options to check for updates and restore. I opted not to restore for now as I need the IPOD for this weekend. I will try again when I am back.

Thank you very much for helping me with my problem.

Kind regards,

Tracy

Problem syncing IPOD nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.