Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open Photo.library of other Mac User.

Running Yosemite, and Photos 1.0 (Dutch version). As advised elsewhere, in order to allow Photo library being used by 2 users of same MAC, I created a 3rd 'shared data' user, to put shared Photo data. So with 1 of the users on MAC, I imported (old) iPhoto library in Photos, went fine, and copied the Photo.library file on the 'shared data' folder under folder Pictures. I created proper authorizations for both users to access this library. Now from the user by which I created this net Photo.library, I can open this library OK, but from the other user (same authorizations) I cannot open the library, error is 'Photo cannot restore permission'. I run the checkdisk program, run the program to restore permissions, but did not help. When I try to open this library on the 'shared data' user's folder from Finder, error says it cannot import pictures from the library. Thanks for advice.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photo 1.0

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:20 PM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2015 2:28 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you Terence. I am trying to avoid storing it on my external Seagate, as else I won't have a backup. How comes though that I can access this library file, stored on the shared data user, from 1 of the MAC users defined, and not from the other. A further complication is that the shared data user itself cannot open the library, though stored under its folders!

Apr 15, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Yer_Man

2 disks, and buy a software to backup one disk to the seagate raid 1 ... sounds complicated to me, TimeMachine can't backup network disks. Fact is though that I can access the foto library from 1 other user on the MAC, so it isn't so that accessing other user's library doesn't work. But it only works for 1 user apparently. Clearly not very well thought through by Apple.

Cannot open Photo.library of other Mac User.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.