Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volca Bass output crash in logic pro X

Hy !

When I use one of my external synths, the korg's volca bass, in Logic pro X, it has a lot of problem with the sync and in a few second it seems to crash and the audio output stop working. The only way is to turn the synth off and then on, and after that it plays again until i don't play "stop" or I change track in logic.

It is very strange because it happens only in logic audio. With other software everything works very fine.

I will explane my setup :

A Macbook pro (late 2011 i think)

Logic pro X 10.1

Yosemite 10.10.3

Audio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Midi controller : Novation slmk2

Synths : Volca bass and Arturia minibrute

The volca Midi in is connected VIA MIDI From the output of the master keyboard (novation slmk2)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2015 3:34 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Infact the novation software (automap) seems to have problems with logic X, but i don't think that this is the case because i tried other setups without the slmk2. For example I've plugged the Volca's midi in from the Arturia Minibrute midi output and I've got the same problem. (without turning on the slmk2)

So, the problem exist indipendently from the connection.

The other software sequencer are :

Ableton live 9 on my mac (plugged on the midi output of the slmk2)

Cubase 5 and 7 on one of mine friend's pc (plugged on a TC midi/audio interface)

Thank you for the reply

Apr 18, 2015 2:15 AM in response to Alphaquadro69

Ok, I think that i have understood.

This is the real problem:

when I start play on logic X the Volca bass seems that doesn't get any midi message for few second, but if you wait for almost four second it "take" the synch and start playing correctly.

Every time you press the record button or click to another track, it suffer of this problem.

But only with logic pro x and only the Korg Volca Bass......

Volca Bass output crash in logic pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.