Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match

I Have 2 iPads and phones running family share with Itunes match but I now add my 9 year old daughters iPad and it won't let me use iTunes Match? Why? Or how do I let it? She has her own icloud account linked to our family share but I don't seem to be able to allow iTunes Match??

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 2:35 PM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Catchie

Hi,

This is Apple support document Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Note the following:

There are a few things that you can't share:

Songs added to iTunes Match from outside the iTunes Store

This is the Apple support document for iTunes match Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

Note specifically :

"When you subscribe to or turn on iTunes Match, your device or computer will be associated with your Apple ID. Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined, with a maximum of five computers) associated with it."

You can have different Apple IDs for iCloud but only one for iTunes match. What Apple ID are you using for iTunes match?

Jim

Apr 15, 2015 4:34 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

iTunes Match will DESTROY playlists, your library and will in fact remove content from your library; this content can mean items that you burned into iTunes AND items that you purchased from iTunes (and have receipts for)

Here is an except from their terms and conditions:

iTunes Match is provided on an “AS IS” basis and may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information, including music, playlist, and play history, from your computer or device and from peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and other computers) connected thereto. You should back up all data and information on your computer or device and any peripherals prior to using iTunes Match. You expressly acknowledge and agree that all use of iTunes Match is at your sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Apple shall have no liability with respect to your use of iTunes Match, including the inability to access matched or uploaded content.

What is so disturbing is, that depending upon WHICH customer service agent you get, you may or may not get your files replaced! DO NOT USE iTunes MATCH or GENIUS if you have a large library. My library is 34,000+ songs (mostly purchased from Apple) 119 Music Videos (all Purchased from Apple) 504 Movies & 2200+ Television Episodes (movies and TV shows ALL purchased from Apple).... iTunes Matched reeked havoc with my music playlists, it or Genius caused so many duplicates in my Movies and TV shows it was crazy and Apple's customer service has fallen off tremendously in the last couple of years. My problem with Apple iTunes Match goes back to the beginning of iTunes Match, and I spent 4 years asking via email if iTunes Match was the culprit. FINALLY I got a tech that was honest and admitted that they were aware of the problem.

iTunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.