Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do all of my computer get "network connection timed out" each itme I try to match my songs?

I have been unable to play most of my library for days now a I can only get it to match successfully once in a while. I also have to update my iTunes match every day fro some reason. Thus is happening on all 5 of my macs. This didn't happen before. Does it have anyting to do with family sharing?

iMac

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 2:51 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2015 2:27 PM in response to eatmoreart

Hello eatmoreart,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your music on your Macs. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature and scope of the issues you are describing. If these issues appear to stem from iTunes Match, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

How to troubleshoot iTunes Match - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Apr 15, 2015 4:37 PM in response to eatmoreart

iTunes Match will DESTROY playlists, your library and will in fact remove content from your library; this content can mean items that you burned into iTunes AND items that you purchased from iTunes (and have receipts for)

Here is an except from their terms and conditions:

iTunes Match is provided on an “AS IS” basis and may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information, including music, playlist, and play history, from your computer or device and from peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and other computers) connected thereto. You should back up all data and information on your computer or device and any peripherals prior to using iTunes Match. You expressly acknowledge and agree that all use of iTunes Match is at your sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Apple shall have no liability with respect to your use of iTunes Match, including the inability to access matched or uploaded content.

What is so disturbing is, that depending upon WHICH customer service agent you get, you may or may not get your files replaced! DO NOT USE iTunes MATCH or GENIUS if you have a large library. My library is 34,000+ songs (mostly purchased from Apple) 119 Music Videos (all Purchased from Apple) 504 Movies & 2200+ Television Episodes (movies and TV shows ALL purchased from Apple).... iTunes Matched reeked havoc with my music playlists, it or Genius caused so many duplicates in my Movies and TV shows it was crazy and Apple's customer service has fallen off tremendously in the last couple of years. My problem with Apple iTunes Match goes back to the beginning of iTunes Match, and I spent 4 years asking via email if iTunes Match was the culprit. FINALLY I got a tech that was honest and admitted that they were aware of the problem.

Why do all of my computer get "network connection timed out" each itme I try to match my songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.