Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'JustCloud' appears at startup

In recent days, every time I start up my computer this appears, even though no browser opens at startup:

User uploaded file

I ran the AdwareMedic application, but that did not find anything. I have an application called WeatherMan which is set to open at startup, so in case that had somehow become infected I reset my System Preferences so that WeatherMan does not open, but the JustCloud thing still appears. How can that be, when I have no browser open?

I should be most grateful for any advice.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 1:16 PM

I have solved the problem. I found information elsewhere in these Discussions, did some research and discovered that something called 'JustCloud.app' had mysteriously appeared in my Applications Folder. I have no idea how it got there, but I used AppCleaner to get rid of it and all its associated files, and the problem has been solved.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Michael Graubart

I have solved the problem. I found information elsewhere in these Discussions, did some research and discovered that something called 'JustCloud.app' had mysteriously appeared in my Applications Folder. I have no idea how it got there, but I used AppCleaner to get rid of it and all its associated files, and the problem has been solved.

Oct 27, 2015 4:56 AM in response to Michael Graubart

This JustCloud app showed up at the same time I was downloading and trying out Torrent apps - µTorrent, BitTorrent and Vuze (previously Azureus). I suspect it may be Vuze. I ended up not using any of them because of an Avast Malware warning that popped up for each of them. Woke up my MacBook this morning and found the JustCloud pop-up on my desktop. A search of the Vuze website pulled up a thread on JustCloud.

Oct 27, 2015 11:21 AM in response to chris21403

Chris, as I said in my last post, these JustCloud pop-ups are caused by an actual application on your hard drive. How this app. gets into one's system and where from I have no idea. But search for JustCloud.app on your computer (in my case it was neatly installed in my Applications folder) and trash it — preferably by using something like AppCleaner, so as to get rid of all the bits and pieces associated with the JustCloud app. — and that should deal with the pop-ups.

Oct 27, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Michael Graubart

Michael -

After re-reading my hastily written post from this morning, I should clarify. I believe that the JustCloud app was installed along with the Vuze torrent app. I will add that Vuze also installed an app called 'Tuneup', which I also found in my applications folder, according to a thread that I found on the Vuze website.

http://forum.vuze.com/Thread-Yosemite-Vuze-5-6-5-4-Java6-7

In addition to the pop-up this morning, I have recently been receiving alerts in Notification Center stating 'Did you know you have free cloud storage space?' Pretty sure this is also related.

Dragged both apps to the trash and discarded without issue. I posted this here for reference for anyone else that runs into this issue.

Cheers

Dec 1, 2015 3:08 AM in response to chris21403

You should further remove the following two files in your user Library folder:

$ rm -i ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.jdibackup.JustCloud.autostart.plist

$ rm -i ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.jdibackup.JustCloud.notify.plist

These are responsible for launching JustCloud at startup.

Have a look at that folder for other undesirable startup items...

Dec 1, 2015 3:18 AM in response to Orj

That's very useful, Orj; thank you. In fact the pop-ups have not reappeared since I did my previous file removal, but I am sure it is as well to get rid of all traces.

Incidentally, this whole episode shows that AppCleaner does not get into one's Library (and, no doubt, other secret places) and therefore does not remove everything associated with a particular app.

Dec 14, 2015 4:23 AM in response to Michael Graubart

I've read all posts, here. No "justcloud" files appear in library, apps folder. "Spotlight" cannot find anything labeled "justcloud" (I've also searcned for "just" and "cloud" and looked at all the responses in the past few months. The Justcloud "ad" still appears on startup, and has for about a month. Any other ideas? Macbook Pro, OS X 10.9.5 Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

'JustCloud' appears at startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.