Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1.2.27 not storing or sharing playlists in match or other computers

I am a paid member of "iTunes Match" because I'm a DJ and want to have all my music stored in case a computer crashes or I buy another. After the most recent upgrade to iTunes and OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, my two laptops do not share playlists or music. I've tried signing out and signing in, I've updated match, rebooted, turned wifi off and back on again. My purchases download, but the playlists do not. Here is the kicker.....After spending several hours last night creating a new playlists for various functions that I have coming up, as soon as I closed iTunes, it deleted the playlist that I had created. I'm talking 4 hours of work.

Info for those who might help. Computer #1: Macbook Pro 13" for home use is what I most buy music from and create playlists in my studio, Computer #2: Macbook Pro 15" is for DJ only work.

In the past, when I would buy music or create a playlist in computer 1, I would update iTunes match and it would save all that somewhere in match cloud or something. I would boot computer 2 and click update match, and all the new purchases and new playlists would appear in iTunes so I was always up to date with the work that I had done in my studio on computer 1. This is not happening now and I cannot figure it out. Looks like not many are having issues with this yet either. Help please! It's my business that is being effected.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), match issues

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 2:04 PM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2015 12:46 AM in response to navycmc

Same problem... When I create a playlist on my iMac or macPro, it disappear almost immediately !

But if you create a playlist on Iphone, it seems to be visible on the mac where I can add music on the playlist at last...

Don't know if really few are affected, but my problem is the same on my two computers.

For info I am in Switzerland with OS X 10.10.3 french version

Apr 13, 2015 9:47 AM in response to navycmc

I have the same problem. I have 2 Mac computers and 3 iOS devices, so itunes match is very essential to my setup. After some painful try out, i have found a temporary fix.

first turn off itunes match on all of your mac computers, you can leave it on on your ios devices.

then create whatever playlists you need on one of your macs. because now itunes match is off, it won't try to delete your new playlists.

and after you're done, quit itunes, open it again. and turn on itunes match. it should stay.

wait and let itunes match update. this time the new playlists should stay. now go to the other mac/macs, turn on itunes match, the new playlists should sync.

check on your ios devices, they should sync as well.

itunes 12.1.2.27 not storing or sharing playlists in match or other computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.